Why is it that the idea of cleaning out one's wardrobe brings a bad feeling to the stomach? And the dredged task on the list of things to do that repeatedly gets put off again and again? Where do we draw the line regarding how many items we have? Is it when that beautiful armchair in the corner of the bedroom is like a needle in a haystack under an ever-growing pile of clothes?
I would imagine all of us are guilty of having a lot of dispensable clothing, which we cannot bring ourselves to let go. Whether or not it is for sentimental reasons or one of those splurge moments that left a dent on your credit card bill, which you happily justified to yourself for that special occasion.
When we choose to become tiny hoarders, the benefits of having a clean out are extraordinary, as well as an organised wardrobe. So I would like to tell you why;
If we choose to have that fateful day to pull everything out and take a good hard look at our version of chaos, we give space to creativity. An unorganised wardrobe is not easy for the brain to digest at any time, let alone in the morning before work. But, on the other hand, a well-put-together colour/occasion and fabric-coded wardrobe give a possibility to put items together that you may have never given notion to in the past.
Statistics tell most of us only actually wear 30% of our wardrobe. You would have never thought that, right? So what's happening with the other 70%? And how can we make better use of it, but also of the wardrobe space? Whether you have a walk-in wardrobe or a tiny house wardrobe, organising and knowing your garments not only makes the whole process of choosing what to wear more pleasant, but if we're talking Fengshui, the space creates a sense of openness in your mind. And it pays way to express yourself through your style with items you already have, old and new potential buys.
Don't fear to clear out your wardrobe; embrace it, as there is a chance you are sitting on a gold mine of new outfits without even realising it. It's only a case of dedicating a day, accompanied by a full-length mirror (add some good music) armed with patience to find your new fabulous wardrobe, with an open heart about what you wish to represent through your fashion today.